How To Start Wholesaling
How Do I Start Wholesaling? How To Create A Wholesaling Business? How Do I start Making Money Investing In Real Estate? Sounds familiar? No matter how much you read, no matter how clearly someone tells you what to do, it is just so difficult to start! And I have figured out why! It is because you are not satisfied with that first step. You think: “ok but after that first step I still don’t know how I do “this” and “that“. How do I do this, what If this and that, and you NEEEEEEEED to know how to do step 6 and step 7 before you feel confident enough to do the first step.
Am I good OR WHAT!!!
STOP giving me a numbered list of what to do. HOW do I do each task in that damn list damn it! Well, fear not I will Tell You How To Start Investing In Real Estate, a step by step interaction! Follow along with us to get your first deal in less than a few months. So After my introduction, you must know the following now…
Everyone Was A “Nobody” At One Point.
It was just SO overwhelming to collect and rearrange all the information there is about starting to wholesale. We are definitely not the exception. When we started, we started at ground Zero. We have gone through the exact same things you are going through right now as a new inspiring investor. The biggest problem was knowing how little you knew about it. Or better said, not knowing what you do not know. And you know what made it worse? All these damn guru’s that want to exploit and monetize the sheer confusion and desperation of all us newbies, polluting the internet with false information just to tempt you to buy their products.
For example. In order to wholesale all you need to do is START! Period. Just do the first step. But do all these expensive products out there tell you this? NO!! They scare you, and convince you that you need to buy their 10K product/education so that you are successful. BullPOOP!! Yeah, and because you dont know what you don’t know, the fear and insecurity will get the better of you.
Does any of this sound familiar?
- Fear of talking on the phone with a motivated seller.
- Analysis paralysis.
- Not knowing all the steps to make a deal from beginning to end is stopping you from making that first deal.
- knowing all the steps you need to do “on paper” but having no idea how to start that first step.
- not knowing enough to just start.
Yes We Have Gone Through The Same Thing.
The problem with all these gurus preaching they are able to help you “because they have done it also and are now successful” is:
- That is exactly it. They are successful. They have long forgotten the hardships of the struggle to get successful. Writing how-to on becoming successful years after the struggle just doesn’t reflect an accurate way of identifying with the/your struggles at this moment.
- They give you a strategy to follow with “what works“, or what they think what works. There are 2 things wrong with that
- What has worked for them, in their market, being in their situation may absolutely not work for you.
- Often it is a recipe you need to follow blindly but you have no idea about the hows and whys.
I was sick of that. So what I did was writing down everything that I did in the form of a diary. Simply what I was doing to accomplish a certain goal and why. At the time of me writing these blog entries, I had no idea if it was the right thing to do, if it would work, or if it was the right order to do it in. Again, it was a diary to track what I have done and the direction I am heading towards.
I wrote it simply to motivate me to keep going, and document what I have done so far to keep me focused and motivated to go on.
So I Finally Started Wholesaling Real Estate!
When we started wholesaling we had done enough research to know what the first step would be, and how to take that first step. But for some unknown reason that I can not begin to explain, it was as if there was an invisible force field preventing me to take that first step even though I knew what that first step was. I think the reason I was able to take that first step, was because I was writing this blog. Putting it all down “on paper” made that first step manifest itself into an actionable task. So if you are having the same problems we had, this may be very helpful to you.
I wish I had a manual that would tell me:
” OK wake up, remove the covers and place your foot on the floor. Now place the second foot next to the first and stand up. Now place one foot in front of the other and walk to the bathroom….”
A step by step guide that removes the “thinking” portion of things. Doing that there is just one thing left. Action. Simply action.
Reading these entries you have to realize several things!
- This is but a diary. It is not a guide on “how to make it in real estate investing“. This is just a diary sharing our steps with you. For us, it has worked. We can only hope it will for you as well! (Although I do not see how it wouldn’t).
- The entries are from a blog we kept up long ago when we started. So this is something we did long ago. We will do our best to write down the dates each article was written to maintain the identical timeline the tasks, and articles were performed and written.
Are You Ready Wholesale?!
Hopefully, with this entry, I have convinced you to stop thinking, stop analyzing, turn off your brain for a few hours and just do as I tell you. Onward to the first step!
Congratulations, by switching off that head. I promise you it will be a lot easier now to get this going. Go to the next blog entry where we will dive into that first step.
Fine print. Doing any of the following steps on this blog, or any other blog for that matter will be your own doing at your own risk. This is merely a diary of what we did and if you chose to repeat or follow any of our steps or advice we can not be held responsible.
Okay… So How Do You Just Start Wholesaling?
Well, let’s dissect that.
What do you define as starting? Well no matter what, to be an investor you need to buy and sell houses (well at least buy them, if your end goal is to hold them. To buy them you need leads. Best way to get leads is to have a number 1 ranking site on Google. And believe me, THIS is almost ALL I will talk about on this blog. Yes, it is THAT important. But for now.. you being new, you don’t have a ranking site yet. So.. how to get leads then?
Marketing! Direct Mail Marketing (PPC / Facebook Ads) So to start doing REI is to start Marketing for leads. But beware, not all marketing is equal! And this is exactly what we will talk about in the next blog post.
Keep reading. Stay with me Bubbles!